Sunday, November 28, 2010

Assignment 11 - The Final One!!

When I originally signed up for the class I will be honest I did not think I would learn much besides the Microsoft programs(Office, Power Point, Excel, Access).  From what the syllabus had listed that's what it seemed we'd be spending most of our time working on.  After spending the semester in this class that feeling has changed dramatically, I've learned much more than just the programs.  But when I signed up for the class I had just thought we'd be going more in depth with the Microsoft Programs. 

The one computer concept/idea that I learned most about was how a computer operates and functions.  Learning about how much goes into not only maintaining a running computer but also how much memory and pieces of equipment are in a computer to have it operate correctly.  I had no idea that there was so much communication that went on with the computer and the networks just to get on the internet and even if I wanted to open up a program.

The Microsoft application that I learned most about was Excel, that's what we spent the most time on.  I had no idea how to do simple tasks like merge and center, change the theme and the background or anything that seems easy to me now.    After learning how to use Excel in this class I keep most of my logs on the application (workout log, food chart and etc).  Without this class and the information I would not be using Excel for storing most of my information. 

The one aspect from the class that I've benefited from the most is learning how to use the Microsoft applications.  I really only knew how to use Word, Power Point and Excel I barely knew how to use and Access I had never used before.  But this class has gone more in depth on how to use the 4 programs and also has made it easy for me to remember the basics of each program.  Without this class I would still only know how to use Word well and not the others.  I've also benefited from taking the tests and quizzes involved with each program because it helped confirm how much I learned from the lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment